The Route Setting Association is the representative body for professional Route Setters.
The RSA is committed to promoting best practice for route setting and route setters.
The objects of the Route Setting Association are:
- To raise the standard of safety and quality in route setting across the climbing wall industry.
- To enhance the safety of Route Setters working in climbing walls.
- To enhance the safety and enjoyment of climbing wall customers.
- To help protect the climbing wall industry and Route Setters from potential litigation by dispersing best practice and safety information
- To work with climbing walls and route setting experts in an open and co-operative manner to promote best practice across the industry and thereby help drive participation in the sport.
- To highlight the pivotal role of the route setter and their skills in the industry by increasing public awareness of the trade.
Interested in joiningIf you are interested in becoming a committee member please send a CV and letter of interest to email@example.com
Normal Committee Members:
Pete Hill (co-opted)
Executive Committee positions are:
Chair – Nate McMullan
Treasurer – Taking applications
Secretary – Ben Humphris
The RSA is continually looking to refine the route setting industry by working with leaders in rope access and representatives from the HSE to develop sensible and effective techniques and guidelines for route setting.